Wednesday, September 5, 2007

MEXICAN TRUCK, CON'T

Dennis said...

I don't know why anyone is surprised, It was in the NAFTA Bill. It just took a long time for them to implement that provision. If I understand it right, the truckers who enter the country must speak English, but we all know how well these laws are enforced. Only time will tell if they are using the trucks to smuggle things other than goods across the Border. Hopefully there is a way to track them once the enter the Country and move to their destination.

I agree, it was in NAFTA, and they have taken a long time to implement it, but they still haven't worked out how these trucks will operate. I would think they would have to pass emission standards here in the US. And I would hope they would pass other inspections. No "beater" trucks on the highway. Inspect for contraband, including illegals. One good thing is they will have to buy American gas and maybe spending money for food and lodging.

No comments: